Our 2018 Impact
This year, Orlando Serve Foundation hosted seven He Got Up! events throughout Orange and Osceola County, with a primary focus on assisting those who have court costs, fees and fines that prohibit them from obtaining their driver’s license.
We served 2,427 guests who collectively had $540,299 in fees. This represents 1,025 court cases. Commitments were made to serve 47,382 hours of community service.
Our 3-Year Total is:
$ 949,963 fees (Orange/Osceola)
$ 905,930 community service hours (Orange)
$1,855,883 total impact
We are ever grateful for the partnerships we have:
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, whose eager volunteers were at every event, and generous donation of hamburgers and hotdogs ensured that we were able to feed all of our guests and volunteers
- Pepsi for providing snacks
- City of Orlando Parks and Recreation Department -and- Osceola County Human Services for providing venues and staffing at each of our events
- Orange and Osceola Clerk of Courts and Orange County Corrections Department for working with our guests to become eligible to receive their driver’s licence
- Community partners who provided means of assistance in areas of health, housing and social services
- Addy’s Sole Center – Operation Shared Shoes – for collecting and sharing shoes
- Countless volunteers who freely gave of their time to help the community
We look forward to continuing the momentum in 2019!